One of the benefits of the holidays is the chance to spend quality time with your offspring. Or not, given that my offspring prefers to be out with his friends or up in his room rather than talking to his mum. As pretty much everything I say or do seems to infuriate him, I thought it would be helpful to share my top 10 ways to annoy your teenager.
1. Ask them to undertake any form of domestic activity. This includes but is not limited to picking up their dirty clothes and carrying them to the laundry basket and emptying the dishwasher.
2. Tell them you like music they’re in to. Guaranteed to make them go off said band/singer immediately.
3. Talking too much during Family Guy.
5. Trying to persuade them to eat/drink something vaguely healthy.
6. Suggesting they have a haircut.
7. Asking them what time they’ll be back from wherever they’re going (and trying to find out where they’re actually going to.)
8. Asking them about girls. Or their mates. Or indeed any aspect of their personal life.
9. Making observations while watching a football match on TV.
10. Breathing too noisily (apparently) or indeed, making any noise at all.
Of course your teenager may be all sweetness and light, but if not, feel free to share your own. And these little niggles do of course make those rare moments of cuddles/proper conversation that much sweeter 😉