My top 10 tips for Cybermummy virgins
1. No one really cares what you’re wearing. Promise.
2. Don’t be afraid to go up to people and introduce yourself, especially if you see someone on their own.
3. It’s OK to wander in and out of sessions. As long as you don’t trip over someone’s goody bag.
4. Some bloggers are much more shy in real life than they seem on twitter. At first. It doesn’t last.
5. Take business cards – not for other bloggers, but for the PRs you’ll meet.
6. Take LOTS of tissues for the Crowdsourced Keynote. And waterproof mascara. And a mirror.
7. Try to remember where you’ve left your goody bag. They all look alike.
8. It’s a good idea to eat something at lunch and in the afternoon, even if you’re really really excited, and especially if you plan to party afterwards.
9. If you have a weak bladder, take a spare pair of knickers.
10. Journalists are always journalists, even when they’re also bloggers.
So those are my top 10 tips. If you went last year, what would you add?
And if you’re not sure what Cybermummy is, you can find details here.